Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 12, 2010


I haven't post so this more of a self voluntary reflection for the ten weeks in SST and the new rivals I made. I think that the ten weeks were whirlwind of events, preparition and of course adjustment. I think that there were many events, after all this being the first week of school and in fact the first week of the newly opened SST. We had the orientation which I have posted my reflections on this blog. I bonded a lot during the camp with me newfound friends. I was rather surprised that I was able to adjust so well in this unfamiliar environment . I had fun and learnt some of the fundementals of teamwork on the first day and this further is reinforced during the camp. I also learnt the importance of moral support as well during events like abseiling, rock-climbing etc. I subconcoiusly ( I know I spelt it wrongly) bonded with my friends in the camp. So, SST you were really smart to have invested in the camp, the money was well spent. A few weeks later, the Chinese new year concert was approaching and we had to have a dance or digital animation which had to be matched with the GarageBand we made. I think my class did really well in the auditions but maybe because of the unoriginal song we used, we did not get through the auditions. However, for some weird reason I was chosen to be the emcee for the Chinese new year event. I was super nervous at that time and made a few mistakes because I was rushed. I had some "critics"(classmates) criticise me, saying that I had no suspense whatsoever. So if given the chance, I will try my best to be better. After that I had all the tests coming in, I was completely humbled. I had to admit that I was rather arrogant when I first came to SST due to my high t-score. Boy did I learn my lesson. I failed my first maths quiz due to lots careless mistakes and lousy presentation, got pretty low for my science as compared to my rival. I learnt my lesson that no matter how good you are, never underestimate others. I am now struggling to catch up with me rival showing a few little improvements acting as little stepping stones to my road to success. I had a five mark improvement in maths, a half mark improvement in science (I still improved okay!). Now it is the school holidays and I will try my best to catch up with my rivals. This post also acts as reminder to work hard during my free time. Let's see what the road to excellence has in store for me, I can't wait.'


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment